Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year and New Things! + Manning Reef Cafe; Sandy Bay

Hello everyone, sorry it's been awhile! I've been a tad busy, but I have managed to have an amazing time in Thailand, have a lovely family Christmas, acquire some Global knifes (!!!) in the Boxing Day sales, and then brought in the new year at the Falls Festival in Marion Bay!

Since it's a new year, I've decided to start something I've been wanting to do for awhile, and that's share veg- friendly cafe/restaurant reviews, and hopefully some product reviews too. So here goes....

Manning Reef Cafe
Sandy Bay, Tas
(Licensed)


I would recommend a visit to this little cafe purely on the fact that it is the home of the delish tempura mushrooms that pop up at festivals around Tasmania.

Tempura Mushies

The menu has quite a few vego options that are marked as well. They include:
Pulglise Pizza, Classic Margherita Pizza, Funghi Bufalina Pizza, Quattro Formaggi Pizza, Moderna Pizza, Sweet Potato Chips, Sweet Potato Cakes, and The Original Tempura Mushrooms (the only vegan option)
The pizzas are "Traditional thin base Italian wood fired", and whilst no one on my table ordered one, I did see one made and they looked quite tasty.


I tried some mushrooms and sweet potato chips, the mushrooms were the best I've tasted, thinly coated with a crisp layer of batter and they come with a choice of dipping sauce. The sweet potato chips were also very more-ish and tasty. 

Sweet Potato Chips


This place is nothing fancy inside, but the staff are friendly and the food is good.  I'll definitely be heading back for more of those mushies.

No comments:

Post a Comment