Saturday, November 26, 2011

"Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bar" AKA Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar!

What's this blob of chocolate? 
So I've done the peanut butter cups, and it was due time to attempt Reese's Crispy Crunchy Bar.
"A middle section made of flaky peanut butter, a layer of peanut butter, (and) is covered with chopped peanuts and then coated with milk chocolate"






I have no idea how one would go about making "flaky peanut butter" so I decided that a peanut butter wafer would do just fine. 


I veganised the first (and only) peanut butter wafer recipe I could find, using a mix of half oats and half gluten free flour, and mixing in PB2 and peanut butter instead of whole peanuts.


I sandwiched two with peanut butter, then spread with more peanut butter and roasted peanuts before rolling the whole thing in dark chocolate.


It needs a lot of tweaking (I think a mix similar to the pb cups filling would work better than just straight pb) but I'm pretty happy with my first attempt!

1 comment:

  1. that looks super yummy!
    please write up a recipe for this when you've done tweaking ^^/~

    ReplyDelete