Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lower-Fat Awesome Vegan Ice Cream

Okay, I can't call this "Low-Fat"as it still is Ice Cream after all, but it is definitely lower fat.
But the best thing?
IT TASTES BETTER THAN THE FULL FAT VERSION.
Yes, I do dare quote my tester this morning "This tastes better than normal (dairy) ice cream"
o(^-^o)(o^-^)o o(^-^o)(o^-^)o    -----> that's the dance I did upon hearing that


This scopes straight out of the tube. It's creamy and almost mousse-y. Best of all, no machine needed!


CHOCOLATE VEGAN ICE CREAM


BASE:
1 Cup of good quality Low Fat coconut cream, chilled and use the top part (I used Marco organic)
1/2 Cup Soy Milk (I use Macro Organic Soy Drink)
3/4 Cup sugar
170g Silken Tofu (silken, and only silken!)
3 Tbs Liqour (I used Creme de Cacao)

FLAVOURS:
Up to you!
I used 1/4 Cup cocoa powder and 1/4 Cup Nutella

Put your base and flavours in a blender and blend until completely homogenous and light.
Pour into a sealable container, preferablely pre-chilled metal, but I used plastic. Choose shallower rather than deeper.

Put in freezer, chill for an hour. Run spoon/ spatula around edges and mix, then beat with a hand beater for 1 min. 
Return to freezer, repeat after every hour for as many times as you can before it's solid. I got about 5 in before I had to go to bed, and by this stage it was fairly thick.
Nows the time to swirl in any other flavours. I added 1/2 Cup Choc Chips.
Leave to freeze completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment