Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cheesecake (V, GF)

I'm sorry. I went there.

Brownie Base. Peanut Choc-Chip Cheesecake. Peanut Butter Ice Cream. Chocolate Ganache.



I got a text (from one of my most favourite people to cook for) 
"Omg I just had the best dessert ever! It was peanut butter ice cream pie!"

Well. That was in Hobart and I'm not. I wanna eat peanut butter ice cream pie!  
Oh...and make my own recipe so when I was at home next, I could make her a better version.
I sorta wrongly interpreted "It had a base like a cheesecake"
as "It had a base that was like a cheesecake"
So I made this... (My first attempt)

This one had the same brownie base, cheesecake layer with crushed peanuts, and banana softserve pb icecream. Needed lots of tweaking.

I then discovered the one she had was just pb ice cream in a biscuit crust.

Ooooooooooh.

I could make that I guess.....But I like my idea better!


Vegan Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cheesecake With Brownie Base. Single Lady Sized.
Vegan, GF, Low Sugar. Flipping Awesome.
For an 11cm springform tin. 


It looks like a lot of work but each part comes together really quickly!

For the Brownie Base:

50g Dark Chocolate
1Tbs Veg Margarine
1/8 C Sugar or I used 1 Pkt Stevia
2 Tbs Almond Milk
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1/3 C (GF) Flour (I use Organs)
1 Tbs Cocoa
1/8 Tsp baking powder
Pinch salt.

Carefully melt chocolate in microwave, then stir in marg, then the sugar, milk and vanilla. Fold in everything else.
Spread into the bottom of your cutie little tin, and bake at 180 for about 5 mins, or until puffed a bit.

For the Cheesecake
1/4 C and 1Tbs Super-Soaked Cashews
150g Silken Tofu
1/3 Cup Sugar (or I used 1 pkt stevia and 1/4 C Agave)
1Tbs Coconut Oil
2 Tsp Cornflour
2 Tsp lemon juice
1 Tsp Vanilla
pinch salt

1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
1/4 Cup choc chips (optional?)

Blend everything except the peanuts and choc chips really really well. Until silky silky smooth! Blend Blend Blend!
Pour half into prepared brownie base, then sprinkle with peanuts and choc-chips. Pour other half on top.
Bake at 160 for about 20 mins, or until the the middle is just jiggly, it doesn't matter if looks a little un set! Careful not to overbake this one! You may like to put another tin with water in the oven with it.
Chill in fridge overnight.
For the Peanut Butter Ice Cream

1 little can (~~~165mL) of coconut milk
70g silken tofu
1/4 C sugar or agave
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C Peanut butter
1/4 C roasted unsalted peanuts

Blend blend blend. If you don't have a fancy ice cream maker (hello!) Pour into little container, freeze. Every hour, scrap around the edges and then stir really well. Do this until it's set.

To Assemble!

Get the ice cream from the tub by briefly running the container under hot water. Blend with 1/4 C Peanut butter until smooth and creamy.
Spread ice cream in thick layer on top of cheesecake. 
Drizzle with Chocolate Ganache (25g Melted chocolate with enough milk to make it drizzly) and sprinkle with peanuts.


Devour.








2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!
    I HAVE to try this. I want it now! mean teasing photos, it looks delicious- like a triple dessert. yummmmmmmmmmmm *drools*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! I hope you do try it <3 I'll admit, I almost wasn't expecting how good it turned out... I "taste tested" far too much :)

      Delete